Tuesday 26 February 2008

Jami Shares Her Beauty Picks

from Fog City Divas

Once again, my blog day snuck up on me and caught me once again without a topic. I was going to do a thoughtful post involving this video (aside - thank you Candice for cluing me in!), but my brain was too tired after starting on my new book today and dealing with two little kids with the husband in Singapore for the week.

So I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite, but seldom discussed topics: beauty products.
I love makeup.I wear it every single day. Even if I don't leave the house. I can't risk scaring myself when I catch my reflection in the bathroom mirror. And call me old fashioned, but I feel guilty if my husband comes home to the same splotchy hag he left in the morning.

Makeup is to me what shoes are to other women. I can't seem to stop buying it. No matter that I have a drawer full of products, I always cruise through the makeup aisle at the drugstore. I can spend hours in Sephora, circling, sampling, catching shocking glimpses of myself in the magnifying mirrors (eek!). I have no loyalty when it comes to makeup. I flit from product to product and brand to brand, always trying something new, searching for that one product that's going to reveal my true Diva essence.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some of my recent favorite finds.

1. Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas foundation. It's a mineral based foundation that comes in a little canister with a built in sponge applicator. I was using another mineral foundation, but I could never get the hang of brushing and blending. The sponge applicator makes this one much easier, not to mention this foundation lasts FOREVER (okay, several hours) without requiring a touchup.

2. Loreal Infallible Lip Gloss. I've never been a huge fan of lip gloss, since it's goopy and doesn't last very long. Plus, I usually gravitate toward darker colors. But I read recently that dark lipstick makes you look older, and since I've aged about forty years since I had kids, I figure I can use all the help I can get. But the Posy Infallible lipgloss I recently purchased isn't too sticky and lasts a long time, and I swear it's taken off at least five of the forty years the boys have put on me.

3. My at home microdermabrasion kit from Beauticontrol. I sometimes approach my beauty routine the way I approach exercise. It doesn't really count to me unless I can feel it afterward. And I definitely feel this. It's kind of like taking a belt sander to your face. I've only been using it for three weeks, and while I don't yet see the promised improvement in skin tone or wrinkle reduction, my skin definitely feels softer after I use it.

So how about you? Do you love makeup? Hate it? Do you wear it every day or just for special occasions? And most important, what are your favorite products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment